In the year 1913 Miss Dora Beach, an American missionary, came to India to carry on evangelical ministry and settled in Sultanpur. After her death the work was continued by Miss Berchman for some time. As she advanced in age, she looked for a reliable party to hand over the mission. Rev. Raymond D’Mello, the Bishop of Allahabad came to know her plan and approached her at the right moment and negotiated to purchase the place. Thus the Catholic Mission was established in Sultanpur in 1968.

Mother Macrina responded to the invitation of the Bishop and sent four Sisters under the leadership of Sr Canice. On July 11, 1968, the people of Sultanpur were happy to have Stella Maris Convent School formally opened with the blessings of the Bishop of Allahabad.  Initially the students were accommodated in one of the old buildings and later a piece of land was purchased from the Municipality. On August 1, 1969, Fr Stephan laid the foundation and the construction of the school building began.

In the beginning people hesitated to send their wards to this school. But the sincerity and hard work of Srs Canice, Doyline, Yoland and Imani removed all misgivings and the enrollment of students gained momentum. During the six years of Sr Canice’s tenure, the School established itself and came to be reckoned as one of the best institutions in Sultanpur. The successive principals, Srs Benedict, James, Zelie, Esuria, Chantal and Nyette have ably guided the destiny of the School with the co-operation of the staff, students and parents.

The School was affiliated to Uttar Pradesh Education Board in April 1981, and three batches of   students answered Std X Board examinations   successively. Many parents, who were on         transferable jobs to other States, found it difficult to get their wards admitted. At their request, the management decided to get the School affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. In the year 1983 it received the recognition. The hard work put in by the staff and students has brought in 100% results over the years.

At present the School has 1470 students on its roll from kindergarten to Std X and a good, efficient staff. The students take part in most of the activities conducted by the District Authorities and bag prizes. Attempts are made to carry on literacy programmes in the villages.

Address

Stella Maris Convent School, Sultanpur

Civil Lines U.PSultanpur -   228 001

Telephone No. 05362 - 240353
E-mail ID This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Year of Establishment 1968
Status High School, KG, I to XII
Aided / Unaided Unaided
Affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi
Principal Sr Shamitha BS
Correspondent Sr Shaila BS

 

Sr Shaila BS
Correspondent

Sr Shamitha BS
Headmistress

School Building

 

 

 

 

 

Home | News | Sitemap | Contact Us

Copyright © 2016 - www.besmangalore.org . Powered by eCreators

Contact us

Bethany educational Society®
Bethany Convent
Bendur, Mangalore-575002
D.K. Dist, Karnataka State
Tel : 0824 -2223219(O) , 2218923(R)
E-mail : [email protected]