Education is all round drawing out of the lust in child – body, mind, spirit. It is something that makes a person self-reliant and selfless. To realize this concept of education more meaningful and relevant in today’s society, efficient, personal, proper equipment, good surroundings, spacious buildings are very necessary. To meet the growing and instant demands of a large section of people, an English medium school in the semi urban area of Kulshekar was a dire need of that time, since a great number of children were migrating to distant schools for education in English medium. Sr. Agnella the then Headmistress of Sacred Hearts’ Girls’ High School and the Secretary of Bethany Educational Society, started our School on 1 June 1964 with a far reaching vision.

Sr Agnella an educational revolutionary levelled the hills and rolled the stones for a beautiful structure, catering to the need of the society. As the years passed by, the School found a place in the history of India. The tiny tots who studied under the protection of Sacred Hearts’ are scattered all over the world as educationists, bankers, architects, businessmen, lawyers, engineers, doctors etc.

As there was a steady increase in the strength of students year after year, the problem arose of accommodating them. Then there was also a pressing request by the students and the public alike to upgrade the school into English Medium High School. Since this was the greatest need of the time, not minding hurdles on the way, the sisters started courageously the construction of the new School building in April 1979. A provision also was made to open Std VIII with an additional section (English Medium) in the existing Sacred Hearts’ Girls High School in 1979.  Then on, the English Medium Hr Pry School was separated from the High School under the able leadership of Sr Jacintha Mark the Headmistress.

Sacred Hearts’ is striving to provide the best to build a better future of students and imparts values of Jesus through its activities. Bearing in mind that the students are the future pillars of the society, keen interest is taken for the all-round development of students. They are exposed to modern system of education. The school is excelling not only in education but also in sports and games and other extra-curricular events from zonal to national level.

Over the past years, the institution has shown, remarkable progress due to the self-sacrificing headmistresses, committed band of teachers, supportive PTA, cooperative parents and value based students. Additional sections had to be opened to meet the rising demand for admissions. Currently there are 1422 students with 28 sections both in Pre Primary and Higher Primary School. There are37 teaching and 9 non-teaching staff. Currently Sr Jessie Leena is the Headmistress and Sr Norma as KG In Charge. Sr Jacintha Mark, Sr Gloria,  Sr Reginald, Sr Patrina, Sr Priya, Sr Agnesia Frank, Sr Grace Ida, Sr Reena, Sr Jeromia, Sr Vidya Pinto, Sr Emerita and Sr Celine Petra have served as Headmistresses thus far in Higher Primary School and Sr Ida, Sr Rose Flora, Sr Nisha and Sr Marcellinus as Supervisors in the Pre-Primary School. May God bless all of them. Long live Sacred Hearts!

 

Address

Sacred Hearts’ Eng Med Hr Pry School, Kulshekar

Mangalore, D.K, Dt, Karnataka-575005

Telephone No. 0824-2230460
E-mail ID This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Year of Establishment 1943
Status KG - VII
Aided / Unaided Unaided
Affiliated to Karnataka State Board
Headmistress Sr Lavita Moras BS
Correspondent Sr Mariola BS

 

 

Sr Mariola BS
Correspondent

 

Sr Lavita Moras BS
Headmistress

School Building

 

 

Home | News | Sitemap | Contact Us

Copyright © 2016 - www.besmangalore.org . Powered by eCreators

Contact us

Bethany educational Society®
Bethany Convent
Bendur, Mangalore-575002
D.K. Dist, Karnataka State
Tel : 0824 -2223219(O) , 2218923(R)
E-mail : [email protected]